[registrars] Also recently published
- To: <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] Also recently published
- From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:59:04 -0500
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcY291qCdW2QFRRmQQy96cRrCAmmvQ==
United States Patent Application 20060004784
Ableman; Scott ; et al.
January 5, 2006
Certified offer service for domain names
A method for purchasing a domain name registration. A user conducts a search
to determine if a domain name is available. If it is already registered, the
user can make an anonymous offer through a third party to the present
registrant to purchase the domain name registration. The offer is certified
by the third party by verifying that a financial instrument provided by the
user has available funds that are at least sufficient to pay the offer
amount for the domain name.
Inventors: Ableman; Scott; (McLean, VA) ; Graham; Suzanne; (Arlington,
VA) ; Miholovich; Steve; (Ashburn, VA)
1. A method for purchasing a domain name registration, comprising: receiving
from a user a offer message indicating a domain name and an offer amount,
wherein the domain name is registered to a registrant distinct from the
user; certifying that the user has access to funds that are at least
sufficient to pay the offer amount; and if the offer amount is successfully
certified, then sending to the registrant an offer to purchase the domain
name registration from the registrant.
John B. Berryhill, Ph.d. esq.
4 West Front St.
Media, PA 19063
(610) 565-5601 voice
(267) 386-8115 voicemail/fax