RE: [registrars] DROA Notice

  • To: John Berryhill <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] DROA Notice
  • From: Jim Archer <jarcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:58:21 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Part of the problem is that ICANN has created a transfer policy, with the support of this constituency, that promotes exactly this type of activity. We get frequent support calls from customers who have been tricked and are upset about it.

Registrars should be the primary point of contact with their customers. We know our customers and how to contact them. We should be allowed to deny a transfer if our customer does not affirmatively allow it. If a registrar was allowed to protect their customers, then the Panix situation never would have happened and registrars could rightly claim to be a protector of the customer's property.