Re: [registrars] DROA Notice

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] DROA Notice
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 19:07:43 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 01:52 PM 11/8/05, John Berryhill wrote:
If you haven't seen their latest letter.... "You must renew your domain name
to retain exclusive rights to it on the Web, and now is the time to transfer
and renew your name from your current Registrar to the Domain Registry of
America.  Failure to renew your domain name by the expiration date may
result in a loss of your online identity making it difficult for your
customers and friends to locate you on the Web."

Dear John: I personally think that Registrars should take some kind of group legal action against this kind of practice.

OTOH, what is ICANN for, why should they not take the initiative -- pay for it with *our* money;-} Regards, BobC