[registrars] ICANN Invoice

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] ICANN Invoice
  • From: Robbie Birkner <rbirkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:36:29 +0200
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members,

just recently we received our ICANN fourth quarter of the fiscal year invoice.

In the cover letter was stated:

"For your information, a registrar that was active the entire year, paid a per registrar variable fee of $ 8,809. Those registrars that applied for and were found eligible for relief paid one-third of the variable fee amount. The number of registrars that have received forgiveness of a portion of the fees has varied from quarter to quarter. The maximum number in any one quarter is 29".

Question for the consitutency:
As mostly all registrars are financing a great deal of ICANN and we are basically all sitting in the same boat, we would like to see the procedure of "forgiveness" to be a transparent one, providing the paying registrars with information on the registrars that were granted forgiveness on a quarterly basis.

Any opinions? Would this be something, that could be of interest to the constituency?

Robbie
Key-Systems GmbH