RE: [registrars] Other Registries looking at pursuing similar contracts

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Other Registries looking at pursuing similar contracts
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:07:11 +0530
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Equivalent terms in the registry contracts, combined with the
> addition of new registry operators, would serve, not hinder,
> registrar interests.

Indeed. As long as the terms don't read as follows -

* We shalt charge whatever we please

* We shalt not abide by any policy developed by the community

* we shalt maintain this contract in perpetuity no matter how badly we screw
up

* we shalt begin selling any service including competing services with
registrars and noone shall stop us

I am all for equality but not for "hey registry, here's my customer list
since you are a thick registry, so go ahead and enjoy"

Pardon my use of extremities. I can already see people writing in responses.
So I must add this footnote. I know things are not this bad, YET. However my
intention is to atleast take steps to ensure that these mistakes are
rectified and not repeated. Each year we registrars discuss issues and beat
them to death in closed meetings. Then we all go back to leading our lives
making thinner profits every quarter and paying higher charges every year. I
have seen countless areas which concern us as a community and constituency
where we have failed to take even the most basic steps to protect our
interests and businesses. This is my tiny way to atleast try and make this
occasion different.

- B