Re: [registrars] Regarding rules of procedure

On 7/11/2005 12:11 AM Tim Ruiz noted that;

Perhaps a quorum could be a combination of a minimum names under management and some percentage of members.

There are quorum requirements in the Bylaws in addition to those found in the rules of procedure, i.e.

"4.4.1 Unless specified otherwise within these Bylaws, a meeting or teleconference with a majority of the Executive Committee, Elected Representatives or any committee of the Constituency in attendance shall constitute a quorum. An affirmative vote of at least one half plus one of all ballots cast, provided the total number of those voting is not less than ten percent of the total number of voting Members to a minimum of ten Members, in favor of an amendment is necessary for adoption."

These all need to be made consistent. I'd also point out that there is an error in this section, in that it uses the word amendment when it was originally intended that this cover all ballots. Good thing that we're working on the bylaws next :)