Re: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee

  • To: Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee
  • From: JP <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:40:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jay,

It is obvious to me that in your attempt to make your point, you are
assuming and taking so many things for granted, that you are effectively
circulating a story, report, or statement without facts to confirm its truth
(a.k.a rumor).

In this case for example you casually accused a fellow registrar of
phishing.

What if the "registrar", or even an unrelated "hosting company" registered
the domains you mention as requested by the registrant, found out this
registrations were "suspect" (because they seemed destined to phishing),
proceeded to investigate further and found the registrations were
"fraudulent" (meaning they used stolen credit cards like most scammers do)
so then they proceeded to delete them.

I believe that since the proponents of this "fee" can not find an actual
"conflict" with this practice which must obviously be affecting some of
their practices, decided to attack it with fabrications, and by tying it to
every possible bad thing on the internet.

JP