RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [council] Registry Constituency IDN communiqué]

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [council] Registry Constituency IDN communiqué]
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:27:23 -0700
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think for the most part we could support the Registries on this. Much
of it is already defined as RFC or in existing guidelines. Certanly,
not allowing mixed character set domain names makes some sense.

But I have some concerns when/if they get to trying to eliminate
homographs within LDH (proposed by the Registries to become a language
tag).

For example, will name0 and nameo become the same string? Or will the
the registration of altoons.com (currently in use) prohibit the
registration of a1toons.com (currently available)?

Tim