[registrars] Ballots open for BEAST and GNSO Representative.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Ballots open for BEAST and GNSO Representative.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:56:47 -0800
  • Cc: RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members:

Members of BEAST:

This ballot is now open, will close in 14 days on 6 January 2005. The extended deadline, seven days more than required in the Rules of Procedure, is to accommodate members not reading their Email during holiday periods.

Nominations were opened on 24 November for members of BEAST (Budget Evaluation and Advisory Special Taskforce), otherwise known as the Budget Advisory Group (BAG).

There were four nominations received in the first seven days. All were accepted and seconded and all submitted conflict of interest statements. I'll be posting the ballot shortly. Considering the holiday season, I believe we should let the ballot remain open for a longer period, say,4 January.

The candidates are as follows, in alphabetical order:

Elmar Knipp
Jonathon Nevett
Tim Ruiz
Bhavin Turakhia

As there are three openings, you will be permitted to cast votes for up to three candidates.

GNSO Representative:

Tom Keller's post on the GNSO Council expired at the AGM of ICANN in Cape Town. Nominations were opened on 1 December 2004.

Tom has been nominated to succeed himself. He has accepted, he has received several seconds and he has submitted his conflict of interest statement.

There have been no other nominations. Having had no other instructions, I have posted the ballot with Thomas as the only candidate.

This ballot is also open and will close in 14 days on 6 January 2005.

Nomcom Delegate:

We await acceptance and conflict of interest statement from Elliot Noss, who has not returned from South Africa yet after the ICANN Meeting in Cape Town.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly
Secretary of Registrars Constituency