[registrars] Regarding proposed WHOIS recommendation to deal with conflicts with local laws with respect to WHOIS

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Regarding proposed WHOIS recommendation to deal with conflicts with local laws with respect to WHOIS
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:50:02 +1100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

The combined WHOIS Task force 1/2 proposed a recommendation that would
allow a registrar to get an exemption from parts of the current WHOIS
obligations if a local law was in conflict with the registrar
accreditation agreement.

See:
http://www.gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/whois-tf-conflict-30nov04
.pdf

The ICANN staff have provided the following comments.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin