[registrars] Election required for GNSO Council reps
- To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] Election required for GNSO Council reps
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 02:57:54 +1100
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcTZUNlZTr1wKzCuRxyJ/JOU1/AbfQ==
- Thread-topic: Election required for GNSO Council reps
In October 2003, an election was held for the 3 seats on the GNSO
Council selected by registrars.
The result of that election was:
Bruce Tonkin, 2 year term
Thomas Keller, 1 year term
Ross Rader, additional rep if Board agrees to 3 reps per constituency
The terms of Tom Keller and Ross Rader end on Sunday 5 Dec 2004.
See http://www.gnso.icann.org/council/members.shtml for a list of the
current GNSO Council members.
Currently, after the ICANN General Meeting on Sunday 5 Dec 2004, the
Council will revert to 2 representatives per constituency. Today, the
GNSO Council passed a resolution requesting the Board to continue to
have 3 representatives per constituency. The Council asked the Board
to continue the 3 reps per constituency until the Mar Del Plata,
Agentina meeting, and at that time to change the bylaws to permanently
allow 3 representatives per constituency.
I recommend that the Registrars constituency start the following action:
- call for the election of 2 seats on the GNSO Council for a two year
term to conclude at the end of the ICANN Annual General Meeting in 2006
On the assumption that the Board will approve the continuation of 3
Note under the ICANN bylaws, no two representatives selected by a
Constituency shall be citizens of the same country or of countries
located in the same Geographic Region. Note also that no more than one
officer, director or employee of any particular corporation or other
organization (including its subsidiaries and affiliates) shall serve on
the GNSO Council at any given time.