[registrars] RE: Call for nominations to participate in the 2005 ICANN budgetary process.

  • To: "'Robert F. Connelly'" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, "'RC Voting Members'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: Call for nominations to participate in the 2005 ICANN budgetary process.
  • From: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:57:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,

What is the composition of the BEAST?  It sounds like you intend it to
replace the BAG, but the BAG is actually an ICANN structure.  If you intend
it to be it's own Registrar task force, then how many members do you see on
it ?

We are allowed to put 3 representatives on the BAG. If ICANN has asked us
for the names of these three candidates, we should start the process to
determine who they are quickly.

In the past, our representatives to the BAG have indeed come from a wide
variety of type and size of Registrar.  I would hope to see this trend
continue.

Being the representatives to the Budget Advisory Committee is an important
task.  It is further complicated by the fact that you are not allowed to
communicate the details of what you are discussing until the budget is
posted publically.  I know that this has frustrated the reps in the past.

Rob.