[registrars] Call for nominations to participate in the 2005 ICANN budgetary process.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Call for nominations to participate in the 2005 ICANN budgetary process.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:13:42 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members:

In 2004, we learned how important the Budget Advisory Committee (BAG) can be for ICANN Accredited Registrars. Lacking Registrar input, the increased financial l burden transferred from other sources to Registrars can be devastating:-(

It is time to select nominees for the 2005 committee. It has been suggest that we change it to a Task Force, namely, the "Budget Evaluation and Advisory Special Taskforce" or BEAST.

Candidates for the BEAST should be able to deal even handedly with the divergent impacts of both large and small registrars.

Please submit nominations to the Secretary. 1. Before making a nomination, please be sure that your nominees will accept the nomination. 2. Please be sure that an endorser will second your nomination. 3. Nominees must formally accept their nominations. 4. Nominees must post a conflict of interest statement.

It would be helpful if the nominator and seconder say why they think their nominee is qualified to serve on the BEAST. A similar statement by the nominee would help our members to evaluate candidates.

Let the nominations begin!

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly
Secretary to the Registrars Constituency.