[registrars] Recent verisign .com amendment

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Recent verisign .com amendment
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:45:48 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all

The verisign com/net amendment sent out for the new transfers policy also
adds this one more clause -

<snip>; provided, however, that if VGRS
determines that it is necessary to amend this Agreement to comply with an
ICANN
mandated policy or procedure VGRS may amend or supplement this Agreement
upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to Registrar.

This clause has no relevance to the transfers policy, but as such allows
verisign to amend their contract without having to execute the same in a
proper manner as we generally do with all amendments. I am not exactly sure
abt the implications of this clause (maybe Mike Palage can help out here)
and am wondering if this is alright to sign on? I have yet to hear from my
legal cell about this. The issue is according to their email we need to sign
and send in these amendments before 10th nov. Does anyone have any comments
on this

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman
DirectI
http://www.directi.com
Direct Line: +91 (22) 5679 7600
Direct Fax: +91 (22) 5679 7510
Board Line (USA): +1 (415) 240 4172 ext 7600
Board Line (India): +91 (22) 5679 7500 ext 7600