RE: [registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Paul Goldstone wrote:

That's true, Go Daddy is getting close too - good for you! Wow. :) I didn't think it was anyone's idea but ICANN's. However, I don't agree with it because after a registrar reaches $2MM, the remaining registrars will pay for their portion of ICANN expenses.

Hi Paul,

I also was puzzled to read this section about the cap in the latest version of the budget. I can only assume that this is a kind of "forgiveness" for large registrars?!

Bhavin, can you please clarify this issue? With no background knowledge I am against this $2MM cap. But perhaps there are arguments, which will change my opinion.

Best regards,
Elmar