RE: [registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] knowing when to fold 'em
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 03:55:48 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 03:51 AM 10/15/04, Tim Ruiz wrote:
From what I understand, the determination is made by looking at the ratio of attempted adds to net successful adds. To qualify for forgiveness it must be less than 200:1. So it is looking at just batch pool activity, it applies to all activity.

Tim

Dear Tim:

I had a discussion with Verisign yesterday. I was told unofficially that more than successful ADDs are included in the calculation. For example, auto-renewals. I asked whether a multiple year registration would give us extra "points". For example, a five year registration. Unfortunately, I did not get that information into notes;-(

Regards, BobC