[registrars] New Transfers Policy Transition

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] New Transfers Policy Transition
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:31:42 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

We have EPP 1.0 and the new Transfers Policy coming up for deployment later
this year. We all are likely to run into some unexpected caveats as we
proceed, either our own or some that may be handed to us.

Fortunately, it looks like there will be a transition period during which
both EPP 1.0 and EPP 0.x will be supported, at least that's the way it looks
today. It may be beneficial to do something similar with the new Transfers
Policy.

I have not heard much regarding how dispute resolution is going to work at
the registries, the mechanics of it that is, or anything about the third
party providers, or costs associated with either. A transition period of
some sort may be beneficial to avoid throwing a glut of disputes into that
new system right off the bat.

Tim