Re: [registrars] PIR EPP 1.0 and Domain Info command

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] PIR EPP 1.0 and Domain Info command
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:58:45 +0000
  • Cc: "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx, brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning, or afternoon, again Bruce,

> Agreed.

Now I'm confused.

I thought you wrote that the PIR <info> mods were defensible, citing the .au
registry practice, and that this is a whois issue.

I had the impression that I wrote that PIR <info> mods were not defensible
(to really be anal about this, PIR should put out an extension to EPP that
defines any non-zero response to be generally an error, except where authinfo
is presented by the registrar, which several of us could write for them),
and that this isn't a whois issue.

Maybe we're just in agreement that when PIR spills its soup, tails wag.

Eric