RE: [registrars] Virus

  • To: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Virus
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:04:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric:

Thomas Roessler's blog has done a good job of aggregating the various clips
of what is going on http://aggregator.does-not-exist.org/cgi-bin/index.pl.

Some important topics of discussion that I have seen discussed in KL
include:

- ICANN funding both present and future alternate sources;

- Whois Task Forces. During the GNSO Council meeting yesterday there was an
effort to combine Task Force 1 and 2 to move forward while Task Force 3
continues on its own path toward implementation;

- There have been several reports on the SiteFinder/Wildcard issue given by
Steve Crocker;

- IDN has also been a hot topic of debate, and there is currently a full day
discussion on the issue;

- I believe there will be a report on the evaluation of the new TLDs (2000
round) given tomorrow;

- WSIS has also been a hot topic of debate, with Markus Kummer being one of
the more visible people in attendance; and

- The .NET rebid process which has also been discussed extensively during
the registrar constituency meetings as well as the names council meeting;

These are the hot topics that I have seen discussed in KL, however, I will
defer to the Registrar Executive Committee to provide any formal report
and/or minutes in connection with the registrar constituency meeting from
Monday.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage