[registrars] FW: Registry-Registrar discussions

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] FW: Registry-Registrar discussions
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:26:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear registrars - as you will recall, the org/biz/info/us/name
registries are required to transition to the most up to date EPP
standard in August (publication of standard + 135 days).  As you will
also recall, we and the registries discussed our mutual interest in
extending the deadline for this transition to allow registrars to pace
the migration.  Below is the statement that the registries proposed to
send to ICANN.  It is based on our input, but I wanted to send it around
once again.  If you have any significant concern, please raise it.
Otherwise we will signify our assent to the registries by end of the day
on Friday (EST).

When last we talked among the registrars, we came up with a longer list
of related issues and concerns.  We haven't forgotten it.  The
registries know that we have this list and the ex.com. will be walking
them through it next week.  We will provide an update on those
additional items as soon as we have it.

Regards, Elana Broitman

 "The gTLD Registry and the Registrar Constituencies would like to
request an extension of the implementation period for the RFC version of
the EPP software. Specifically, we request that the gTLD registries that
are currently required to implement this release within specific
timeframes complete their implementation no later than 31 December 2004
rather than the timeframes established in their respective ICANN
contracts. Registrars would then be able to begin their operational
implementation which would be completed by 31 March, 2005.

Both constituencies continue to work to develop a coordinated
implementation plan but sufficient time no longer remains for adequate
registry/registrar implementation and  testing under the existing
contract deadlines. This extension will allow sufficient time to develop
an overall schedule for migration to the new release for registries and
registrars that will avoid adverse impacts on affected parties.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.  In
order to incorporate any response to this request into our coordination
discussions, we would like to ask that ICANN respond to this request no
later than [date.]"