Re: [registrars] Resellers a burden upon ICANN

  • To: Larry Erlich <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Resellers a burden upon ICANN
  • From: JP <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:14:30 -0400
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, Kurt Pritz <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are again drifting from "discussing the budget" to trying to pin "it" on
the other model.

I would like to remind the "pin it on the reseller models" proposals that
many of today successful "Accredited Registrars" started as resellers of
larger registrars, they acted as resellers until they got the necessary
skills and momentum to start on their own.

That simple fact not only validates the reseller model, but also shows that
in encourages  "healthy and knowledgeable" competition.

JP