[registrars] Pay for use

  • To: "Registrars@Dnso. Org" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Pay for use
  • From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:46:31 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One item I have not seen discussed is that the registrars are singled out as the only constituency that "pays for use" in the new icann budget.

In a fair ICANN wouldn't everyone pay the same portion?

Apparently only registrars use icann and we are paying all other constituency and Support Organizations way.

Its time we start making ICANNs budget instead of ICANN making it for us. Each of the 3 Support Organizations should pay 1/3 of ICANN's budget instead of one constituency of one Support Organization funding 70% of ICANN's fees; In whose mind is this fair?

Finally, if  the "pay for use" banner is required it must be fair.

-rick

ps I'd prefer a flat tax on all identifiers that ICANN manages, it will bring the tea party to Marina del Rey much faster.