RE: [registrars] Current Nominee's

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Current Nominee's
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:52:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross - thank you for the reminder.  I thought that I had accepted, but if not, please take this email as an acceptance.  I am grateful for the nomination and would be pleased to serve another year.  I have enjoyed working on Constituency issues and getting to know more of my colleagues.  I would strive in the next year to continue to make our meetings productive and ensure that the Registrars are fairly and fully represented within ICANN.

My declaration of interests (conflicts) for the preceding 12 months is as follows.  I am Director of Policy at Register.com.  As such, I represent Register.com's interests.  Register.com sold its interest in RegistryPro earlier this year.  Even while RegistryPro was still part of Register.com during the last 12 months, I represented Register.com, not the registry.  Now that it is sold, there is obviously no question of any involvement.  Register.com also owns a small stake in the Afilias registry.  I do not represent Register.com's shareholder interest.  To the extent I work with registries, ISPs, IP interests or other ICANN constituency members for Register.com, it is only to represent registrar interests and concerns.

In the past 12 months of my service as Chair of the Constituency, I have tried - I believe successfully - to clearly separate my Register.com and Constituency responsibilities.  I make clear when I am speaking as a Register.com employee versus the ExCom representative.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have.

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018