RE: [registrars] Anyoen hear of this

  • To: Chris Ambler <chris.ambler@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Anyoen hear of this
  • From: Paul Goldstone <paulg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:04:09 -0500
  • Cc: Bhavin Turakhia <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I completely agree.

The mere fact that the "co-inventors" of this patent have only been
involved in the domain name industry since 1998 speaks volumes.  They
are most definitely not the first to have used this combination of
URLs and Email.

"The principals of Nizza Group and the co-inventors of the patent are
Troy K. Javaher and Frank M. Weyer, who have been involved in domain
name and Internet businesses since 1998"

Like Chris, we too have used this format since before 1998.  I'm not
sure about register.com but I'd bet that Netsol could find plenty of
examples prior to 1998 too.  Anyway, I'm not that familiar with patent
law.  Can a patent be revoked based on new findings?

~Paul
Domain-it!