RE: [registrars] What is involved in WIPO II

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] What is involved in WIPO II
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:39:56 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:04 AM 12/18/03 -0600, Tim Ruiz wrote:
I think there is much to worry about.

New Government agencies are created all the time. Countries change their
names and acronyms. New Countries are formed, other dissolve. How will these
be defined or dealt with? How will "confusingly similar" be interpreted? I
don't believe there is any way to adequately cover all of the potential
issues with clear, understandable rules. What about the names of states,
provinces, and territories?

This is a serious can of worms that I do not look forward having to deal
with if it becomes covered under the UDRP. Where will WIPO III lead us?

Tim

Dear Tim: Many good points. I'll forward them to the WIPO2 list. Thank you for studying the issue. Personal regards, BobC