Re: [registrars] unsanctioned whois concepts (long)

  • To: Christopher Ambler <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] unsanctioned whois concepts (long)
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:38:29 -0500
  • Cc: "'Rick Wesson'" <wessorh@xxxxxx>, "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 10/30/2003 9:35 PM Christopher Ambler noted that:

I'm sorry, Ross, I shouldn't have made reference to it since I've not yet
"announced" what we're proposing. Cart before the horse and all.

I was trying to make a point in the abstract and using a bad example.

Let me rephrase - there's nothing preventing "bad actors" from not
participating in *any* cooperative effort of any kind between registrars. At
the end of the day, bad actors are going to be bad actors.

Much clearer - thanks. I'm still short on understanding wrt the specifics of the delta between present and desired state, but I guess it can wait until you actually make a proposal ;)

--

                       -rwr

                "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                           All life is an experiment.
                            The more experiments you make the better."
                        - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org