[registrars] More news!

  • To: "'Thomas Keller'" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Larry Erlich'" <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] More news!
  • From: "Monte Cahn" <monte@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:45:18 -0400
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MarkMonitor and AllDomains Merge
by Bret Fausett at 05:36PM (PDT) on October 20, 2003  |  #
New press release below...

-----

We are pleased to announce the merger of MarkMonitor and Alldomains in
Domain Registration and Brand Protection. This business combination
represents the coming together of the two most advanced and rapidly
growing players in the category.

Each company brings a heritage of strong, responsive customer service
and sophisticated, customer-driven technology solutions. Together, we
serve over 30 of the Fortune 100 companies. Furthermore, the scope of
offerings of the combined company exceeds that of all other competitors,
positioning the company as THE market leader.

By combining our customer bases we will be able to grow our company
profitably by offering additional products and services to our current
customers and by streamlining some of our operational expenses.

We are excited about the opportunity to partner with a likeminded
company that excels at customer service and technology development.

To answer your questions about the merger, please find below a list of
frequently asked questions. If you have any questions or concerns,
please do not hesitate to contact your sales representative or account
manager.

Sincerely,

Mark Shull
CEO, MarkMonitor

Chris Bura
CEO, Alldomains

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Who will manage the company?

The senior executives of both companies will continue to lead the
combined company. Mark Shull, CEO of MarkMonitor, will be the CEO over
the combined company. Mark was formerly President and CEO of Digex, a
publicly traded hosting company. Chris Bura, CEO and founder of
Alldomains will run the Domain Registration business unit. Faisal Shah
will remain Chairman of MarkMonitor focused on strategic partnerships
and international expansion. Chris Bounds, COO and CFO of MarkMonitor,
will lead the operations and financial functions of the combined
company. How will this position MarkMonitor and Alldomains in the
market?
This merger positions us as the 2nd largest player in the corporate
domain space, with a combined customer base that includes 32 of the
Fortune 100. Savings in operations, systems and marketing will enable us
to reach profitability next year and consolidates our position with
respect to products and services as THE preferred provider for corporate
domain administration and brand protection.

Will I have the same account manager?

We do not anticipate any change from this merger in your sales
executive. In addition, we do not plan to change your account manager,
however this may change over time as we consolidate our account
management group.

We will keep you informed as these changes occur and your sales
executive will keep you up-to-date as well.

Where will the company be located?

The company will maintain offices in both Concord and Boise. The
official corporate headquarters will be in Boise, Idaho. Mark Shull, the
CEO, will split his time between both offices.

Which system will I use?

In the short term, customers will continue to use their existing system.
Our long-term goal is to drive efficiencies by upgrading all customers
to a single platform. We will thoroughly plan any upgrade to ensure that
we do not inconvenience you in any way. We will also inform you prior to
any major system change How will this affect my company?

Our primary goal in this combination is to provide greater value to our
customers. The most immediate benefit is our ability to offer you a more
comprehensive set of products and services, however we do not plan to
change our common business model of providing high-quality people,
top-notch technology and superior customer service.

Our executive staff will continue to be hands-on and in touch with our
customer base. In addition, we will communicate any changes in advance.
We will also have an escalation program to quickly handle any customer
concerns that arise.

Do you plan to buy other companies?

At the present time we do not have any other negotiations in process.
However, we will always remain open to combinations with companies that
can offer our customers additional valuable product offerings and that
have a strong reputation for quality customer service.

Monte Cahn
Founder/CEO

Monte@xxxxxxxxxxx
Monte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

O - 954-984-8445
F - 954-969-9155

Moniker.com - ICANN Accredited Corporate Domain Management Services
DomainSystems.com - Domain Sales & After-market Services
CoolHandle.com - World Class Hosting and Email Solutions