[registrars] Email address for .com and .net registrants

At 02:37 PM 10/10/03 -0400, Mike Lampson wrote:
In fact, based on the discussions that I have seen surrounding
Registrars migration to EPP for the .ORG Registry, some Registrars may not
store e-mail addresses for Registrants.

Dear Mike: You make a valid point that I've addressed several times as we came down toward the .org migration.

We saw the handwriting on the wall well over a year ago. We started collecting these data points. Some Japanese registrants did not want to fatten their whois any further -- especially their spam loads. But we collect it if at all possible for that inevitable day when Verisign migrates to EPP.

Regards, BobC