Re: [registrars] Accurate Transfer Data
- Subject: Re: [registrars] Accurate Transfer Data
- From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:41:14 -0400
- Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <028a01c37d08$01782fd0$fa05a8c0@TIMRUIZ>
- Organization: Tucows Inc.
- References: <028a01c37d08$01782fd0$fa05a8c0@TIMRUIZ>
- Reply-to: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030901 Thunderbird/0.2
On 9/17/2003 6:39 AM Tim Ruiz noted that:
I would like to propose an informal portability agreement among
interested members of the RC, or any registrar for that matter.
Those who participate would agree to:
> 1. Exchange and whitelist IPs from which transfers queries are
> 2. Respond to queries from IPs on the whitelist with full whois data in
> a consistent format.
We have been making similar arrangements with the sole addition of:
3. Registrars will not engage in whois referral queries for domains that
they are not authoritative for.
The primary motivation is that this allows us to segregate
administrative registrar driven query traffic from general public
traffic and treat it accordingly (provide higher QoS etc to registrar
We are happy to continue to make arrangements with other registrars on