RE: [registrars] Verisign change to operation of the .com DNS lookup service

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Verisign change to operation of the .com DNS lookup service
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:29:13 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Tim,

The GNSO Council is next meeting on 25 Sept 2003 by teleconference.

I have had one request to place the topic on the agenda - so I guess it
will be discussed.

It would be useful to have a registrar constituency position on this
topic.

Note I need to declare a conflict of interest in this topic.  Melbourne
IT has a relationship with Microsoft, where we do receive some revenue
from domain names registered through the MSN search solution in response
to an invalid domain name entered into the Internet Explorer browser.

Regards,
Bruce