Re: [registrars] Registrar Meeting - Closed Session

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Registrar Meeting - Closed Session
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:34:16 -0400
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9/12/2003 9:03 PM Michael D. Palage noted that:

> I just read your blog about the registrar meeting being closed for the first
> time. That is not 100% accurate. At the close of the Melbourne meeting,
> there was a supplmental meeting that was open to everyone except VeriSign as > we discussed strategy regarding the ICANN/DoC/VRSN contract renegotiations.

Yes - someone reminded me that we also went "closed" in DC earlier this year as well...I'd forgotten about Melbourne. I'll make sure that I note this.

> It was not clear from your blog why the meeting was closed. For the benefit > of those registrars not able to attend could you give a briefings as to why > it was closed. I didn't see anything earth shattering that would necessitate
> this rather drastic step.

We were talking about the budget approval process. Closing the doors allowed us to have a candid discussion about the budget and the surrounding dynamics - it was useful and short term. I believe that Elana has an action item to fully communicate details to all registrars over the next few days.

Hope this is useful...

                      -rwr

"Around computers it is difficult to find the correct unit of time to measure progress. Some cathedrals took a century to complete. Can you imagine the grandeur and scope of a program that would take as long?"

		- Unknown

Got Blog?