RE: [registrars] Lawmakers Domain name oversight too lax CNET News.com

  • To: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Lawmakers Domain name oversight too lax CNET News.com
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:16:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elana:

There were 4 members were in attendance.

Lamar Smith (very active)
Howard Berman (very active)
John Carter; (very quiet until the end when he made some rather strongly
worded statements - including a reference to his belief in strict
contractual enforcement along with a reference to his belief and support of
the death penalty. I hear he was a former judge before being elected to
Congress. Seemed like an interesting gentleman)
Tammy Baldwin (although she only asked a question about the WLS and the MOU
extension and then left)

Mike