RE: [registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:00:56 -0500
  • Cc: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel it's unfortunate that anyone believes this new policy will cause
any kind of real change in the status quo. It is the same old transfer
process with some attempts to "regulate" certain aspects of it under the
guise that it will somehow improve the customer's experience. In my
opinion, as a whole, it will have no material impact on the real
problems, in the short or long-term.

But that was a different discussion. We have what we have. This is about
the standardized form of authorization. I'm not saying we shouldn't have
one. I'm simply making a suggestion in response to Bruce's inquiry that
the form be defined in a fashion similar to the way ICANN recently
defined the WDRP notice. There are specifics about what it must include
and a Model form as an example.

Tim