RE: [registrars] RE: Registrar Approval of Variable Accreditation Fee for 2003-2004

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] RE: Registrar Approval of Variable Accreditation Fee for 2003-2004
  • From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim,

I absolutely support your position, as we (registrars) fund much of
icann's budget (like 65%) at some point we should ask if we are getting
our monies worth.

I made these and several points clear to to the budget committee in
monterial.

While everyone advocates that "icann allows us to pay" instead of
extracting the funds from registries, I propose we have this relationship
formalized in the contracts will be updating to take into account
provisions recently passed by the board.

I am constantly amazed at how ineffective we are as a group and this is
certainly an opportunity for us to speak with a single voice, or loose our
capability to influence and allow our margins to be eroded by icann.

I look forward to your draft letter (hint hint)

best,

-rick