RE: [registrars] OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF MEETING IN MARINA DEL REY - SEPTEMBER 12

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF MEETING IN MARINA DEL REY - SEPTEMBER 12
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:48:12 -0400
  • Cc: <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All - this is to confirm that the IPC WILL call in to the registrars meeting to discuss the Whois with a focus on Port 43.  Because they will call in from the East Coast, the time of the meeting is late on their Friday, and therefore, the Whois section of the afternoon meeting will be moved to 2:30 - the beginning of our independent meeting.

The ExCom will work on the agenda for this section, and our overall agenda will be republished periodically to reflect such updates.  In the meantime, if anyone has specific suggestions for issues to be discussed during this section of the meeting, please let me or the ExCom know.

On a separate note, the update on the Congressional hearing on ICANN is as follows:

The IP Subcommittee still plans to hold a hearing on the 4th, with the following witnesses:

Steve Metalitz, IPC
Ted Kassinger, counsel for the Dept of Commerce
FBI - don't know who yet
Ben Adelman - testifying about his study on inaccurate Whois.

Regards,

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue