[registrars] Interesting appelate court decision re: SEX.COM
- To: "Registrars" <Registrars@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] Interesting appelate court decision re: SEX.COM
- From: "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:29:53 -0400
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
quote from article"
"The decision puts domain names on the same footing as ordinary, tangible property and could ultimately be hugely influential in Internet-related cases. Previously, the legal status of domain names has been uncertain, and Network Solutions has consistently argued against according domains the same kind of property protections as an automobile or piece of real estate. "