RE: [registrars] Constituency Meeting Discussion

  • To: "'Michael D. Palage'" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'registrars@xxxxxxxx'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Constituency Meeting Discussion
  • From: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:56:39 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael,

I do not recall a "previously set" meeting schedule.
Please send me the posting regarding it.
I doubt it restricts the registrars meeting locations to the following:
A)on the east coast of the US,
B)in Europe or C) a location most convenient for the registries.

I also disagree that most registrars are in the eastern US or Europe.
There are a number on the west coast of the US, and as you mention there are
also
registrars in Australia and Asia.  Maybe if we had more meetings in those
locations there would be even more "active" registrars there.
We've had 2 meetings on the east coast (both in DC) and one in Europe.
I agree that the meeting location always inconvenience members, but I
suggest
we don't consistently inconvenience the same ones.
Before we go back to the east coast or Europe,
I think it is high time to have one on the west coast of the US or Asia.
Marina Del Ray is a good location.  I support it.

I'm sure all the registries will show up no matter where the meeting is.
They fly around the planet to talk to us one at a time, after all.
If the registries want to pay for our travel costs, then they can pick the
location.

Paul