RE: [registrars] Discussion stage for balloting procedures, in advance of voting on this issue.

  • To: <Registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Discussion stage for balloting procedures, in advance of voting on this issue.
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:12:55 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

> 4.	Continue to post individual voting results, during the
> entire voting
> 	period.

I support this last option because:
- it is easy to administer
- it is consistent with an open email discussion forum amongst
registrars, where the mailing list is publicly archived
- it is consistent with past practice of the registrars constituency
- it is consistent with the IETF - where views are expressed openly for
all to see and contribute
- the cost of making a change in terms of volunteer time or software
solutions outweighs any gains
- the present voting system is the most effective we have had to date
- I would rather we focus on some policy issues rather than fiddling
further with the voting process

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
As a member of the registrars constituency