ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

net-com

[net-com] Next stage - analysis of first comment period

  • To: <net-com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [net-com] Next stage - analysis of first comment period
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:16:48 +0200
  • Sender: owner-net-com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sub committee,
In preparation for our call later today June 22.

1. Please let me or Glen know if you will be on the call if you have not yet
done so.

2. I learn today that ICANN staff Tina and Kurt are away from the office and
the comparison chart I requested is therefore unlikely to have been done. In
order to make our work meaningful today I have just completed such a chart
myself. It's a cut and paste. We can refine the comparability of the two
sections on the call.

Our task today will be to go through this document and simply decide if we
want to make any change to the report. It is long but not so daunting in the
way I propose we work with it.

It is significant that the two substantive comments received have been from
organisations who are potential bidders in this process.
One option is to reference the two documents and leave it to ICANN staff /
Board to add in greater detail based on our existing broad recommendations.
However, there may be some items where including these comments in our
report will be useful for all concerned. We will discuss later.

Philip