ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] SECRETARIAT: GNSO Council - Election Result

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>, <olivier.muron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <atavares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fmarinho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] SECRETARIAT: GNSO Council - Election Result
  • From: "Mark McFadden" <mcf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:45:08 -0600
  • Cc: <ispcp-activity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Provider Constituency
Generic Names Supporting Organization -- ICANN
                                                2005 February 17

ELECTIONS - ISPCP GNSO REPRESENTATIVES

With the change in ICANN bylaws, the ISPCP is required to elect
two people to the GNSO Council.  The ISPCP has held a call for
nominations for those two positions.  Two vacancies are to be
filled.  The nomination period ended and the Secretariat has
confirmed the willingness of two nominees for those seats.

Tony Harris of CABASE
Greg Ruth of Verizon

Since there are two vacancies and two nominees, the Secretariat
suggests that there is no need for a formal election.  Instead,
the Secretariat suggests that the ISPCP elect the two nominees
by acclaimation.  This is consistent with past procedure in
ISPCP elections.

Unless I hear objections in the next 72 hours, please join me
in welcoming Tony and Greg back to their roles on the GNSO
Council.

If no objections are raised to the Secretariat, I will notify
the GNSO of our election result on Monday, February 21.

Mark McFadden
ISPCP Secretariat
ispcp-activty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have questions relating to the election, the constituency
Articles or the nomination process please contact the current
Secretariat of the constituency: Mark McFadden at
ispcp-activity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.