[ga] Waiting

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Waiting
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:45:04 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is perfectly understandable that we just wait and see what the Council will do with the motion submitted. I find zero posts here quite refreshing, especially when it is not me;-)

  It is my thought that the amendments we have already adopted will be placed at the end of the rules as amendments. This should be done after Sept 6th, and make it clear as amendments after Council determination. And so on for later amendments. But I am open for suggestions.

  The RAA WG is going on right next door and would benefit from the experienced crew we have here.

  I believe because of what Milton described as a "stalemate" and others seeming dissatisfaction, we will be revisiting the WHOIS issues shortly. I do not share all of Mr. Shephard's views, but when asked, I said he did a good job. It was a lively well argued debate setting forth many perspectives and providing many interesting truths, especially from the LEAs. I don't think anyone was looking for solid conclusions and they certainly did not get them, because the industry is not like that. So I think we should begin to put together some type of position from here. Of course due to the nature of our GA it would be more of a consensus based conclusion - cuz that is who we are.

  Thank you for your time, now go back to work, sleep or vacation.

  Eric
  as Chair