[ga] How to Protect Registrants

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] How to Protect Registrants
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have about three weeks left until the end of
ICANN's consultation on how to protect registrants.
I've sent in a bunch of comments so far, but probably
still haven't covered the complete gamut of issues --

I'd appreciate it if members of this list would review
the public submissions and offer up suggestions as to
what other issues should be addressed.  For example, I
note that in pre-consultation commentary Wendy Seltzer
has argued for the elimination of the "no third party
beneficiaries" clause in the RAA.

Doubtless there remain other recommendations that we
as a group could still advance...

some thoughts on formal ongoing representation of
registrants in the GNSO might be in order.

Comments that have already been submitted may be
viewed here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/raa-consultation

Those that wish to comment directly may post to this

This is our one guaranteed chance to do something
positive on behalf of the registrant community.  Your
thoughts on this subject will be appreciated... and
remember, it will probably be another decade before
the RAA is revisited; let's do what we can now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC