[ga] List Rules - Please Vote YES today.

  • To: "'GA'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] List Rules - Please Vote YES today.
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:13:44 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear All

In order for the GA to be taken seriously, and, perhaps invited "back to the
table", we need to be seen to be "playing by the rules" when dealing with
issues, internal/external bodies etc. and also when dealing with each other
on this mailing list.  This has not been the case for some time and has
resulted in the GA becoming at best fragmented and at worst useless as an
advisory body.

In order to be seen as a credible body of people with an interest in issues
pertaining to the areas for which the GNSO has primary responsibility, it is
my belief that the we must have rules that define our remit and how we
participate within the GA forum.

I would urge all members to vote FOR the List Rules.  If you feel that you
cannot vote publicly please contact the Chair explaining your position as it
may be possible to define a different voting scheme if there is not enough
public take up.

Best regards

Debbie

www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.htm