Re: [ga] Voting Notice

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Voting Notice
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:25:52 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr. Dierker and all,

  Where is the voting facility?  Btw, I have yet to receive an FTP
address by which I can send what you requested of me for our
eMail based voting facility.  When might you have that available?

And finally with all due respect to our fellow GA members,
I have yet again snipped your "Marketing jargon" at the
trailer of your post.  I believe these "Marketing jargon"
trailer are a violation of these draft5 "Rules".

To wit, rule: 1. "The messages must be relevant to the business of the
GA"

I cannot see how "Marketing jargon" is in any way relevant to the
business
of the GA

and
"not indulging in what may be perceived as personal attacks or insults"

I consider some "Marketing jargon" entirely insulting.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    The final rules are posted at;
>   http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.htm
>   or
>   http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.txt
>
>   refer to them as List Rules - Draft 5 for vote
>

>   During the next five days I will post this notice that the rules
> will be voted on in public on the list by a yes or no vote. Dates of
> voting will be Aug 12 - 14. We have no booth. Only members will be
> entitled to vote. We will lose voters due to the public nature of list
> voting. Some of these will be due to their positions and that is just
> the way it is at this time. It will be important for those with the
> courage and ability to render a vote to do so. Clearly the higher the
> participation the higher the credibility of this list forum.
>
>   One interesting part about this USA is that they took months to
> draft their constitution and yet it already anticipated 10 amendments
> for the bill of rights. Clearly we must be as farsighted and know
> these lists rules will be amended.
>
>   Eric
>   as Chair

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827