Re: [ga] Re: FYI:Google's chief legal officer slapped with SEC fines

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: FYI:Google's chief legal officer slapped with SEC fines
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:57:35 -0400
  • Cc: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Lauren Weinstein'" <lauren@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'vinton g. cerf'" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'SEC Enforcment'" <enforcement@xxxxxxx>, "'General Assembly of the DNSO'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'icann board address'" <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Paul Twomey'" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Williams wrote:

Debbie and all,

I am sorry to read your narrowly focused response. What this has
to do with ICANN and Vint is historical in nature in part given
Vints previous employer, Worldcom/con, and is directly related
as Vint works for Google as an "Internet Evangelist" as well as
sits on ICANN's bod as chairman. Fairly simple really.

But Jeff, this is not so much a statement that Vint is a crook. It is more of a statement that busness culture as a whole is full of crooks. I've seen that in North America, Europe and asia. In almost every major corporation if one digs deep enough you'll find criminals busy doing what criminals do best - make money.

I personally don't think this association makes Vint a criminal. Vint just has alot of bad luck. Worldcom, ICANN, and now Google. Its a corporate culture problem more then it is an individual fault.

regards
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551