Re: [ga] another dot

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] another dot
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:18:26 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To my way of thinking this is great news. To my continued thinking this must go through the gTLD process. Or for every universal bilateral trade agreement do they get a new ccTLD?
  Or if it is a gTLD may every culture have one? I like the new religiousTLDs. Or how about......

  I think back in the day, Oscar Robles used to at least visit the GA. Maybe he will give us a heads up as to what is in store.

  Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  [excerpt] NIC-Mexico, the domain registry for .mx,
announced that the Latin American and Caribbean
Federation for Internet and E-Commerce (eCOM-LAC), has
selected it as partner to pursue the creation of an
Internet domain for the Latin community.

?We are very proud of have been selected by eCOM-LAC,
we recognize the relevance of this project for Latin
America, so this achievement acknowledges the
excellent work that NIC Mexico has been performing?,
said Oscar Robles, NIC Mexico CEO.

?The creation of a Top Level Domain for Latinos
represents a great benefit for those who share the
Latin culture, allowing to identify resources of
specific interest for the Latin community and helping
to promote our language, culture and businesses to the
entire world?, commented Oscar Robles.

http://www.webhosting.info/news/1/nic-mexico-partners-ecom-lac-_0724071941.htm

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!