RE: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU

  • To: "'JFC Morfin'" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jeff Williams'" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:12:49 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JFC Morfin wrote:

> Correct. I am afraid you miss ".pm". Definitly North American.
> Definitly French as an official language.

Unfortunately, in 2003 .pm (Saint Pierre et Miquelon) was reassigned to the
European region, being a French Overseas Territory (or Department, I might
be wrong, JFC will know better than me).

But nevertheless I share JFC's reasonment, also the fact that language is a
local cultural element often reflected in local rules.
For instance, Italy has one single official language, which as you could
guess is italian. However, in some regions, local languages are accepted
also for official documents, like, for instance, French in Val d'Aosta and
German in Alto Adige (Südtirol).

Cheers,
Roberto