Re: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:35:33 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie and all,

  Maybe it would be nice, and maybe it would not be.  IMCO,
this is an individual matter, and so individuals need to make their
own decision as to how they wish to comment as if this group
did so by any "Chair" that unmeasured "Rough Consensus" may
or may no be properly expressed.

  As to "multilingual", my countries official/legal language is American
english, not French, or Spanish.  When in Rome do as the Romans do...
Ergo, when in France, speak French, when in a Spain or any other
Spanish speaking country, speak Spanish.  If you are not able to do
speak either and visiting there, hire a translator.  Otherwise don't
visit there.

Debbie Garside wrote:

> Hi Danny
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if this forum could formulate a group response to the
> MoU and to have the Chair submit it?
>
> As a starter, perhaps I could proffer the following:
>
> ----
>
> Page 8 Operating Principles Section
>
> 4. The NARALO will be multilingual from its inception. Public documents will
> be produced in
> English and French.
> ----
>
> I think it would perhaps be good to ask that the documents be made available
> in English and Spanish.  Given the ratio of Spanish to French speakers
> within the US (roughly 10 to 1 I believe).
>
> I do like the "rough consensus" wording in section 14 and think we could
> apply this within this forum.
>
> Best regards
>
> Debbie

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827