RE: [ga] "the fact that the Board does not pay attention"

  • To: <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Roberto Gaetano'" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, <froomkin@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] "the fact that the Board does not pay attention"
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:30:54 +0100
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny

I am sure that this forum could feed into the process and have a liaison
representative on the board (eventually).  I am sure that members of this
forum have much to offer. However, again I have to say, look at the lines of
communication.  Stop ranting and raving.  It's no good saying "I told you
so" if your method of communication means that whatever you say is ignored
regardless.

Why do you (as in, the members of this forum) not listen to the reasons why
you are not listened to? With all your wonderful papers you are tying ICANN
in knots - they cannot possibly listen to you.  You have to put forward
proposals piecemeal if you want to stand any chance of having them adopted.
You have to put forward your perspective in such a way that ICANN staff can
deal with it without having to employ an army of lawyers to interpret it.

You also have to look at the bigger picture and realise that this is not the
only group and that ICANN have to look at "knock-on" effects of implementing
your proposals in relation to these other groups and the organisation as a
whole.  It's called business management.  But they can only do this if you
speak coherently in the first place.

Still awaiting an answer as to what the objectives of this forum are!

Best regards

Debbie