Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: veni markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:18:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:02 6/28/2007  -0700, George Kirikos wrote:

This was not a "personal attack", but an accurate observation -- try to
find *any* statement by you that is negative towards ICANN. That's the
definition of cheerleader.

Two ways to respond to this:

a) Do you think that the only contribution is to be negative about something?
b) You think it's accurate, right? Perhaps you should go into the records of the meetings while I have been on the board, and then may be, just may be, you will be able to see that there are ways to be critical, without being negative.
Ah, and btw, as a native-English speaker, please, let us know what would be the opposite of cheerleader? I guess that word would describe you, so, please, be careful :-)

ignore. When 99%+ of people logically are against something (e.g.
VeriSign contracts, .biz/info/org contracts), you ignore them.

This is so inaccurate. I wish sometimes you really think first, write second, not the opposite. As for the votes on the Board - when people start to accept that a vote is a vote, and then people should move on, instead of going over and over in history, again, and again... then, perhaps, the time spent on this mailing list, will be more fruitful. So far all I see is history, history, history... And negativism, negativism, negativism.

For someone who only a few posts ago scolded "old timers" it is ironic
you would use the phrase "I have been on the internet long
enough......" Expecting logical consistency from you within a matter of
hours, though, isn't something I would expect. I know better.

Oh, I am sure you know better. For example "being on the internet long enough" (in 3 months will turn 17 years) is not equal to "being on this list for 7 years". Of course, when you say what you say above, you just show that there's a misunderstanding. However, and this is the key point - instead of asking when there's something unclear, you assume you know the answer. Therefore the discussion is over before it has begun - you already have an opinion (you know better, right?)

I'll be remembered in a positive light for my contributions.

I am not interested in engaging in a discussion about you, personally. We were talking about contributions to the ICANN process.

What have you done?

Why do you think I care what you think about what I've done? And why do you think I would spend time answering, since before even waiting for the answer, you already have an opinion? You know, the Internet - for a huuuuuuge majority of the people - does not start with the domain names, and esp. with the ".com, .net, .biz, etc", and does not end with the IP addresses, as many of the North/West people believe - that is, if I judge by the amount of time spent on writing about these issues, but nothing about legal framework encouraging Internet development, or e-commerce, or affordability of the access, or - in many cases - the access itself. As for the domain names - somehow the Germans have registered much more - percentage wise - ".de" domains, than the rest of the world - ".com", but it seems some people tend to not notice that, and don't make any conclusions out of it.

Spending money wisely? Not in ICANN's mission.

You are indeed a special expert - every time you ask a question, you have the answer. Why bother at all writing the questions, then :)

veni